Face Book Group - For Freebies

I will be posting all my freebies on a Face Book Group to share high quality free art, both the collages and free ZIA projects for colouring.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1307623025962583/

ALL CRAFTERS ARE WELCOME

16 February 2013

Metalic Floral Card

I made this card with a metalic 3D floral sheet.

I bought a set of these sometime ago, and again, it's something I've left lurking in my craft draws.

Not as nice an affect as Dufex, however, it does have a different look, which is nice for a change.

I do like the spellbinder layering dies, but they are far too expensive for me. So I looked for an alternative, and came across the X Cut range of dies. They have various shaped layer dies, of a good size.  They also cut really nicely, and I have now got a few of them.
I find I use my  X Cut dies quite a lot now, and used the oval set for the layering here.
I also want to try and use my embossing panels more, Ive a few lovely patterns. So far though Ive not been very creative with them, just using them as I have here, to add pattern to the cut out layers. It does give a lovely affect though.

23 comments:

  1. Great card...love the colours x
    from hoppity (docrafts forum)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card.... pretty colours. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout, the metalic sets it off nicely. Lovely card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, I still love doing decoupage myself. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow super card trace love the little flutterby ... just hopping over from do craft ... have a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Trace, love the colours and layout

    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Tracy. Great use of your x-cut dies and all other elements too.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Tracey and you are being so good at using older stash, a lesson for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Happy Leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is pretty, love the little butterfly. I've seen some new nesting dies recently by C'Art US, they are pretty much half the cost of spellbinders, it might be worth a look at those if you like the nesting effect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty card, love the borders. I do love my dies too! But agree they are expensive. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Have a nice weekend. Phyllis x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card. Just hopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  15. pretty card love the die-cuts
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely card, just hopping by, vickie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely card, the metallic looks really good. I agree the embossing folders on the layering does give a super effect. Just hopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a fan of embossing and diecut frames too, but agree they are expensive, love what you have done with your ovals, and what a pretty butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see comments left for something I have made. So many thanks for posting your thoughts