Face Book Group - For Freebies

I will be posting all my freebies on a Face Book Group to share high quality free art, both the collages and free ZIA projects for colouring.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1307623025962583/

ALL CRAFTERS ARE WELCOME

19 April 2013

Mini Octangle Book

Something I rarely get to do, is a shaped card or even a booklet.
So it was a real treat to think up this Mini Book that I want to offer as a prize at a local craft group , in my area.

I decided to try use various types of craft things to make each page.  And I liked the idea of the shape, having not done an Octangle one before - I used a Glitter Girls embossing board for the shape of the pages.

This first photos is the book complete, showing the front page - I used a shaped 3D sheet of an elegant lady and a Marianne Floral Cutting die for the embellshment.

Another page was made using a rubber stamp. Rubber stamping is something Ive never felt really comfortable with.  However, I do have some nice ones and I used a detailed floral one that I got with a Craft Mag for this page
I used Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder on it, which gives a lovely sheen in the light.

The only time I like rubber stamping is when I use the various heat embossing powders I own.

I used an Embossing folder to decorate the base card on this page.

I couldnt so something like this without including an Art Deco lady.
This topper is from a Debbi Moore craft mag.  Just the right size for the various layers and an embossed butterfly sticker to finish.
Again I used an Embossing folder to decorate the base card on this page

It was fun thinking about what to use in my stash to decorate the pages of this mini book
I realised I hadnt used a Peel Off in ages, and found this great glossy bodice PO in my stash
You can actually use threads on this PO, but I decided to use it with one of the lovely backing papers in my stash, I then added ribbon, which adds a lovely bit of texture on the bodice.

The flowers were also part of the PO sheet and I used a Memory Box swirl cutting die with those flowers.

I think this page is my favourite in this mini book
Its a detailed patterned bird topper, and I used some lovely pattered card and paper from my stash with a Marianne Floral Cutting die to make the embellishment

One of the reasons I got into Cutting Machines, is to be able to make my own lovely embellishments, and I do like how subtle this page turned out



I like projects like this as a Keepsake, something a little different for someone to enjoy for a while.  And of course a few days of creative fun for me in making it.

17 comments:

  1. What a neat book! I love the rubber stamp page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous booklet someone will treasure this. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful book,lovely shape. sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great book and well laid out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super little book trace ... such an unusual shape ... well done ... just hopping about ... have a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How gorgeous, love all the different techniques, I bet it was great fun to make. Just hopping by, hope you’re having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice little keepsake for someone, glad you had fun making it too. I agree with you I think the bird page is my fave

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful work
    luv
    linniexxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. great little book I love the little bird and cup stamp too
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Trace,What a super little book...love all the details...Julieannex

    ReplyDelete
  12. Trace this is awesome, I love it! Also perfect for my All Crafts Challenge, would love if you could enter :-) http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/my-all-crafts-challenge-5.html Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just hopping by from docrafts
    This project is very good and love the colours used.
    hoppity x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab design, love the punched leaves and the swirly diecuts. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOh, I love things that are different shapes. I'm terrible at cutting so it's not something I do too often, but love looking at other people's fab creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab book. I love how you did the pages, and how you left the tab to join them. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful book Trace so differnt .love the shape
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see comments left for something I have made. So many thanks for posting your thoughts