Face Book Group - For Freebies

I will be posting all my freebies on a Face Book Group to share high quality free art, both the collages and free ZIA projects for colouring.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1307623025962583/

ALL CRAFTERS ARE WELCOME

27 December 2013

Flower Toppers using Scraps

I got a Cutting/Embossing machine to be able to use up my scrap card and papers.

I now have a few different Flower Cutting Dies, and thought I'd mix and match them to make different types of flower toppers
Using various papers, plain, tissue, and patterned papers.

I also used glitter, metalic paints, gems, buttons and sequins to decorate the flowers.

Here are a few samples of what I have managed to create and it was so much fun making them.
I have really enjoyed using my metalic paints, something I rarely use, which is a shame as I have just lovely colours.  The sheen is so nice and it does give defination to the petals

Also I learned with of my flower dies work best together


Thicker paper and card is also very good for embossing a pattern into, I dont do this very often, but Ive some lovely embossing panels that would work well.
Most of my cards go in the post, so I have to be carefull how deep I make my flower toppers, however, I am happy with what I am able to create :D
And these flowers work well with my swirl dies and leave dies :D

4 comments:

  1. They look great and a fab way of using scraps. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous variety of flowers.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 130,000 Page View Give-Away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck. }
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see comments left for something I have made. So many thanks for posting your thoughts