Face Book Group - For Freebies

I will be posting all my freebies on a Face Book Group to share high quality free art, both the collages and free ZIA projects for colouring.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1307623025962583/

ALL CRAFTERS ARE WELCOME

11 July 2014

Cable Hat and Skirt

Chunky Peach Hat
After a few knitted projects, I was left with odd balls of yarn.  So what to do with them...

I had one 100gms of Teddy Chunky yarn in peach, and decided to design my own hat. The cable pattern I included was from another pattern, and the rest is in rib.
Not too tight a fit, which is nice, but nice and snug.



Stripe Cable Skirt.
I also had Lilac and Purple Aran weight yarn left.  So decided to make my first stripe outfit.  I decided to make a skirt, not using a pattern, just made up the pattern
Also the first time I have tried to work out measurements and stitches required from scratch
I included a nice cable pattern on the front of the skirt, to give a bit of interest and also because I love cable.

The back I kept as plain stocking stitch, matching up the stripe in the pattern same as the front

And added garter stitch at the bottom of the skirt.

Lovely warm feel to this skirt, with the yarn being Aran and it will match a Lilac cardigan and Lilac and Purple waistcoat I knit last year :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always nice to see comments left for something I have made. So many thanks for posting your thoughts