Face Book Group - For Freebies

I will be posting all my freebies on a Face Book Group to share high quality free art, both the collages and free ZIA projects for colouring.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1307623025962583/

ALL CRAFTERS ARE WELCOME

20 November 2014

Fancy Floral Fatbooks

I had meant to post these up end of last month, but didnt have the time. I made Fat Book pages to swap and these two were ones I wanted to display

The flowers is what I wanted to share, I had a go at making fancy flowers using my cutting dies.

I saw an idea on-line when a crafter used a floral punch to make 3D looking flowers, ,so I thought I would try by combining different floral cutting dies.

The purple flowers are all from the same cutting die, as that die comes with various sizes, I cut two of each size and ther are 5 sizes, so each of these flowers have 10 layers - I painted the petal edges with my cosmic paints

The other one flowers - green ones, I also painted the petal edges with cosmic. But this one only had two die sizes, so I ended up cutting two of each size, and using a different smaller die for the center

All the flowers are folded upwards and layered with the largest first up to the smallest flowers.  Gets a bit fiddly when it comes to the last layers, but well worth the effort.

I really like how these flowers turned out and hope to use them on future floral wreaths :D

Entered in - Crafters Cafe Challenge 91

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always nice to see comments left for something I have made. So many thanks for posting your thoughts