Face Book Group - For Freebies

I will be posting all my freebies on a Face Book Group to share high quality free art, both the collages and free ZIA projects for colouring.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1307623025962583/

ALL CRAFTERS ARE WELCOME

2 November 2014

Filigree framed Poinsettia

I really like this card, even though it's quite simple.

The Poinsettia topper was made with Marianne D Christmas Creatables Poinsettia, Straight cutting die and gold leaves.  I painted the poinsettia with cosmic paint.  

The frame was made with a recent cutting die I got this year - Creative Expression Dies, Austrian Collection by Sue Wilson - Vienna
I took a little while to figure out how this actually worked, and it is also the only die Ive had to use removable tape with. I only used the larger sections of the dies on this card, but I do like the affect.

I kept the colours simple, as I didnt want to detract from the lovely frame and flower.  
I have seen ornate frames, with various layering and die cut embellishments used to make very detailed cards, this is probably the closest Ive got to attempting that kind of project.  Quite a modern feel to this project too :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always nice to see comments left for something I have made. So many thanks for posting your thoughts