Face Book Group - For Freebies

I will be posting all my freebies on a Face Book Group to share high quality free art, both the collages and free ZIA projects for colouring.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1307623025962583/

ALL CRAFTERS ARE WELCOME

11 February 2016

Cat Zentangle Coloured art

When I first started colouring in detailed artbooks, there was little available for adults

Recent years though, I have noticed there is far more choice. Something I always felt was positive about colouring detailed art, has been noticed by a lot more.
And now there is so much choice, I feel I need reviews from other colourist about the designs available in books

I see colouring in this kind of artwork just as creative as my card making or knitting, so decided to share more on my blog

This ZIA design was in a book called Cats - Colouring for Mindfulness

It seems to be a buzz word these days connected to colouring - Mindfulness.

I love the artwork in this book, there are 70 designs, the only downside is that the designs are printed on either side of each page, so if folks colour with pens, it would seep through

I use pencils, and on this design I used my collection of Derwent Watercolour pencils. I tend to do shading by layering colours, as if I use the pencils as watercolours, the paper tends to buckle.

The fine detail is lovely, great focus as I needed to really becareful to keep within the shapes, a few hours of focused fun to complete this design

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always nice to see comments left for something I have made. So many thanks for posting your thoughts